Signed in as:
Signed in as:
CULTURAL DIVERSITY INTERNSHIP JOB DESCRIPTION
International Cultures and its sister Exploration Africa (known as ICEA – The Bridges) are Cultural “Edutainment” companies based on the Foundation of Love bridging the gap; and crossing the divide of cultural diversity utilizing the universal languages of music, dance, food, fashions, art, history, etc.
We host various cultural “Edutainment” events in different formats i.e. forums, theatrical productions, classroom presentations, workshops, etc., to educate and entertain people about international cultures to foster love and unity within our communities.
We intent to offer real world experience to students (graduating seniors or recent graduates) and young adults seeking internships or a cultural diversity vocation. The students and young professionals will be guided by seasoned professionals in their program area.
Students/young professionals will be selected from various diversity education programs and will be performing virtual tasks with once a month in person meeting at the office location. The internship requires 10-15 hours/week for a 3-6 months period, commencing April 2021.
The internships are unpaid however college credits are a possibility as well as job references, recommendations and professional development. Additionally, the intern will receive a pair of complimentary tickets to a company event of choice and 50% discount on tickets for a year of other upcoming events. At some meetings, free meals will be provided to the student(s). All interested students are to submit their qualifications by April 5, 2021. In-person or virtual Meet/Greet is being scheduled for Wednesday, April 7, 2021.
This internship includes but is not limited to the following tasks:
· Create, edit, review curriculum content presentation for diversity trainings
· Including activities, images and animations to curriculum content
· Maintaining the Social Media accounts - Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.
· Ability to create and upload Twitter & YouTube backgrounds
· Writing cultural diversity blog posts/tweets/updates, etc.
· Tracking the growth and the impact of social media on our businesses
· Replying to Social Media comments, messages, etc.
· Finding users to follow/friend/like our business
· Uploading videos, photo albums, etc.
· Reporting findings to the team
· Consistently learn and grow, asking pertinent questions
· Excellent written and verbal communication, strong editing skills
· Ability to utilize video conferencing platforms
· International travel and/or multicultural exposure is a plus
· Diversity, Equity & Inclusion experience is a plus
· Outstanding creativity skills
· Knowledge of digital media software – Photoshop or other graphic design software, etc.
· Knowledge of video editing software is a plus
· Knowledge of social media – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, blogs, etc.
· Willingness to create video blogs, write press releases, and Facebook posts daily
· Energetic with a desire to come up with fresh ideas on how to grow our online presence
· Ability to identify a target market and “speak” to that consumer through social media
· Ability to deal with uncertainty
· Ability to contribute individually, interacting in a culturally diverse team and with culturally diverse individuals
All interested students are to submit their qualifications by April 5, 2021. An in-person or virtual Meet/Greet is being scheduled for Wednesday, April 7, 2021.